Friday, March 5, 2010

Hello Spring Quarter 2010!

This quarter has started off with many laughs, but exams will soon be knocking at our doors. I am so excited about this quarter!!!  Here are the classes I am taking:

Clinical Medicine I & Lab
Clinical Methods I & Lab
Opthalmic Optics I & Lab
Neurophysiology & Lab
Visual Psychophysics I & Lab

We finally get to use all of the expensive equipment that we purchase in the previous quarters (i.e our trial lens sets, retinoscope, etc.).

Clinical Methods Lab
Today we learned about patient communication and how verbal and non-verbal language greatly impacts they way your patient understands you as a professional and as a doctor. It was very exciting!

I applied to SCCO with a lot of work experience, so it is nice to understand everything the first time around, especially for opthalmic optics!  I worked for 4 years as an optometric technician and apprentice optician for one year.  I feel my work experience provided a great foundation of business and optometric knowledge about the field.  I became so motivated and inspired working with optometrists, that's why I'm in optometry school!

By the end of this quarter, our class will be able to refract!  I am so excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post and questions or comments you may have!