Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another typical week...

So, I still have not memorized my schedule!!! I find myself pulling out the schedule that was given to us on orientation day, and double checking if I have a lab or not! It never hurts to check!

Practice Management

Oh man, practice management lab was fun this week! I still think that it's my favorite class! We played this board game called, Cash Flow. The game ties into the book you will have to read for the fall quarter, Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It is basically in a similar format to Monopoly + Life. You draw a card at the beginning of the game to choose your career; they range from Janitor to Lawyer. Each card has your month salary, expenses, income, mortage, debt (if any), etc. So the game is suppose to help simulate realistic scenarios with managing your money. It sounds boring, but it was fun! I wish that the lab was longer so we could play more; I was just gaining more income and assets!


Anatomy and Physiology

A&P lab, which I think is a pre-req for the incoming class of 2010, was interesting this week. We dissected a pig's heart and looked at a cadaver. I've dissected a lamb's heart before so I was not squimish at all. I was, however, a little anxious about the cadaver. This was my first time observing a cadaver! I got myself worked up over nothing! The cadaver was a loan from UCI, and it was older. The skin was really dry and HAIRY!!! haha. That is the one characteristic that stayed in my mind, " eeww it is so HAIRY!"

We weren't allowed to take photos of the cadaver, but I did take a lot of photos of the heart. We need to study them for the lab practical at the end of the quarter for Dr. La Motte.





Lunch Hour

Today I just felt a lot more exhausted than usual! I guess it's from all the Wii Resorts games I've been playing at home, lol. BTW, it's pretty fun. So we have a student lounge on campus that consists of 2 ping pong tables, a pool table, a fuseball table, and an air hockey table. I posted some pictures from lunch just to show you guys what lunch time is like. We all just like to relax and enjoy our hour before going back to the lectures....lol.
















I feel like I am in middle school again because I bring my lunch every day! I kind of enjoy it though! I bring so much food, because I am constantly hungry! We are not allowed to bring snacks in lecture hall so I try to just eat as much as I can, especially if it is a LONG day!
SCCO has two refrigerators for you to store you food in, four microwaves and two conventional ovens! This is wonderful, especially if you plan to commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post and questions or comments you may have!