Thursday, September 17, 2009

White Coat Ceremony!!!

Hey guys!!! :)

As of Sept. 15th, our class of 2013 has now been officially "White Coated" ! Woo hoo! :)
Our ceremony was started at 6PM, but I was still in Optics lab at 5:40PM! It's okay, I came dressed! It was such a milestone! As I watched my classmates walk off the stage with their white coats on, I felt so much closer to becoming an Optometrist! Initially, it was just awkward seeing each other in white coats, but the pride sank in after an hour. A lot of my classmates' family and friends attended the ceremony. My family could not make it, since they are in a different state, but my boyfriend and a couple of our friends were able to come and support me. We had to say the pledge of allegiance before the ceremony began, and at first I could not locate the flag! It was the largest flag, and it was directly in front of me! lol. A lot of my classmates were looking around as well! Wow, I have not recited the pledge since I graduated from undergrad, and that was only a year ago, LOL.

So Here are some photos from our white coat ceremony! Hopefully you guys will get to take part in this momentous occasion!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post and questions or comments you may have!