Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My commute.....so far...

Hey Guys,

I was reading some questions and concerns about commuting on facebook. You are not ALONE! A lot of my classmates commute to SCCO. I know a hand full that commute from Arcadia, Irvine, Corona, Dana Point, and San Gabriel. You don't have to live down the street from school, but if you can find a decent apartment, then you should. Myself, I love it here in Irvine, so I commute from Irvine to Fullerton. By high way it takes 15 minutes without the notorious Orange county traffic! :) I've been checking www.sigalert.com every morning before I leave my apartment, and before I leave school. Luckily, I my route is normally opposing traffic. But lately, since Cal State Fullerton has started school, I have had to take alternate routes. So I would say it takes me about 18-20 minutes to get to school on average.

Don't let commuting stress you about school. But, do consider it in your decision for optometry school. Geographic location is very important, especially on exam days!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. For all you pre-optometry students reading this....The worst that could happen on exam days would be you would have to arrive much earlier before the exam. I live 30 miles away and on exam days I leave the house an hour or 1.5 hours before my usual out-the-door time so i can give myself ample time to get here (even with bad traffic). and plus being awake 2 hour before an exam is good because its usually takes 2 hours before the brain is working fully. plus if you have any last minute questions you can ask someone for help. everyone's so friendly. they'd be glad to help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Please post and questions or comments you may have!