Monday, October 19, 2009

9 Midterms DONE!

Wow, what an intense month!  I did not even realize how many midterms I had completed until my friend posted it on her facebook status.  I finished my last midterm this morning, Optics, at 8AM.  It feel okay. There were some questions on there that I had hesitated about. I had the correct answered bubbled in and then I changed it right before I turned in my test. Why did I do that?! I have no clue, I still ask my self that question.  I studied so hard for each midterm. I have never studied so hard and in such short time frames in my whole school career!  I think this is what Optometry school does to you! But it feels so rewarding to be finished!  I went shopping today after class! I have not seen the mall since early September. It is a girl thing; I need my window shopping therapy.  I have this week to complete my CV/Resume for Practice Management and the Eye Model Project with my partner.  After that, SCCO gives us a "reading week" before our finals week.  There are no classes held during reading week so that you can study (CRAM) for the 5 finals. Which by the way, occur consecutively, Mon-Friday.  But I will be looking forward to the "Eye Ball" after finals week. Get it? It's corny but we're all nerds here and we love it!  I am so excited for it! I feel like it is prom all over again!  I already have my dress!


Time to relax and enjoy not studying for a few days. I will start cramming again later this week.  I must appreciate these moments of "nothingness" because they seldom occur!




OPTOMETRIST PRIME = C/O 2013

So every class has to have a class name at SCCO.  The third years, 2011, are the "Chief Rays". I learned today in Optics lecture that Chief rays are related to the Field of View.  The second years, 2012, are "Eye Candy".  Their shirts are really cute!  Our class, hands down has the best name, "Optometrist Prime!"  Of course I am not biased!  :)



Eye Movements Lecture

Topic of Discussion: Strabismus
To help us learn more about exophoria and esophoria, our professor, Dr. Stark, had three students demonstrate with two large beach balls.  The students had to synchronize the eye movements as if it were a real set of eyes!  Here are some photos because words are never enough:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post and questions or comments you may have!