Monday, October 5, 2009

Vision Expo 2009

Hello,


I just got back from Vision Expo!  My boyfriend and I went very early on Satuday when the booths were setting up around 9:30AM; we wanted to beat the crowd.  If you have been to any expo before, it is pretty similar except all vision related.  There were some interesting booths, for example the Acuvue Oasys booth.   Their booth had a simulation ride that educated and informed participants about the clinical studies done with their lenses. I thought it was fun! I did not expect to go on a ride at the vision expo.  Some of the booths took up a lot of square footage, depending on the company.  Marchon (i.e. OP) , Safilo (Gucci, Armani, etc.), and VSP, had very extravagant booths!  Marchon had a punch bowl full of M&M's, and of course I took advantage of that! 

We were so hungry so we left after an hour and and half to the MGM Buffet.  Surprisingly it was a good deal. If you paid $33.90, you can eat ALL day and come back at different times.  We ended up having breakfast and lunch there!  I love bacon, as you can tell!







Also, if you are ever in Vegas, you should check out Downtown Vegas at night. It is called the "Freemont Street experience" and it is really a sight to see!  This is where Vegas began and what it was all about. 


You will often see Hello Kitty in my photos; she is my little mascot that follows my traveling adventures. :)

Here is a photo of Freemont Street.


Well now that I am back home, to reality, it is time to get back to studying. I have 4 exams coming up, and ethics essay due soon, eye movements lab write- up due, and eye model project, and a birthday party to host.  I am dreading next week, but I will try to manage.  I have been doing the little assignments ahead of time, so that they don't pile up in one week for me!

Time management is key!  It wouldn't hurt to be smart either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post and questions or comments you may have!